Monday, February 1, 2016

Opening a new dialogue

More than a decade ago I began a Blog which rambled through politics and economics and Mexico and Baseball - four of my interests.   But in 2014, I got tired of writing about a lot of the same things. So I stopped.   This new Blog will cover many of the same topics and and maybe some new topics.

The old blog - which is still up with a total of more than 2500 posts - violated a lot of the common rules for bloggers.   A lot of the posts were long form - trying to get into an issue with a bit more depth.  If you want Tweets - go somewhere else.   

The name of the Blog comes from my consulting practice - which is called Buffalo Consulting.  My logo is an image of a Buffalo Nickel and my tag line is "When you need more than a Nickel's worth of good advice" - I spent a career working with colleges and universities in the US (mostly in California) and Mexico so this firm deals with linking colleges and universities with other colleges and universities or with others who want to find them (for example, cities).

Rules of the road are simple.  I also spent a lot of time teaching for universities (again in the US and Mexico) so I do not mind people who disagree with my point of view.   But I will demand that our exchanges be civil (unfortunately a lost standard in much of what we see in public discussions).

My first two posts have been prepared over the last couple of days.  The first on the state of the 2016 election and the second a very long review of Thomas Piketty's book Capital in the 21st Century.   Then I am not sure where this will lead me.  But let me invite you to join in.

No comments:

Post a Comment